Linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters for miscellany monday…excited about a new way to keep writing…it is therapeutic and I miss it.
- Filofax. I mean. Where to begin. I saw this post from my girl Kristi on instagram about her faux filofax she snagged at a local supermarket. After some digging, I realized that there is a whole world (literally, filofax is created in the UK and most of the obsession with it is international) of filofax obsessed folks out there. It’s like I’ve found this new tribe of people who speak my language. With all the changes happening in life, I needed something to help managee that so I snagged the same faux filofax at the same supermarket as MommaKristi and bam–we are off. I’m loving it, the way it works as my wallet and organizer and that I get to decorate the pages each week. I just need something to keep me happy in the little things during this crazy season!
- Remember those big changes? Well, they are here–my sweet Mama has moved to Kentucky! She’s been here a week and things are going pretty well. If you’re interested, I’m updating her progress here.
- There is a Dunkin Doughnuts close to where my mom is in Lexington. They offer $1 any sized iced drinks from 3-6pm. Needless to say this has been my reality more than I’d like to admit. Iced Coffee. Cream. SugarFree Caramel. Delish.
- In addition to the filofax, I got this awesome little cash wallet from A Time for Everything to help with the budget. Absolutely love the pattern I was able to pick out and so far it’s really helping keep our cash management in control (while being stylish!)
- We spent time in Virginia with family over the 4th before bringing my mom back to Kentucky. We also visited some of our favorite spots in Roanoke since it’ll likely be a while before we are back to visit. Thelma’s Chicken and Waffles, the Roanoke Farmer’s Market and a double visit to our latest Favorite, The River and Rail. Amazing food. Amazing drinks. Amazing company.
PS-We also had breakfast with Gangee that morning…