This is my first linkup with Carissa at lowercase letters for miscellany monday…excited about a new way to keep writing…it is therapeutic and I miss it.
- I am excited to have found Carissa’s space. I wanted some loose structure to blogging that didn’t necessarily box me in to doing something crazy to create some consistency and encouragement for me to blog. miscellany monday is the perfect way to start my blogging week as I always have a million thoughts that seem too random to somehow string together in a blog post. Many of them are tweets or instagram pics posted throughout the week. Some of them are thoughts or ideas or apps or websites that just don’t fit into any random social media conversation. So now I have Mondays. And getting back on the Five Minute Friday wagon as well to help with actual writing, flow, ideas, etc.
- One of my #SuperSummer goals was to listen to more Podcasts on my drive. Spending an hour in the car a day is a great way to open up my mind to some of the great work that is out there. I’ve been a fan of the Moth for quite some time and I love the stories, but just recently have become a huge fan of Michael Hyatt. I mean, if you’ve had a real-life conversation with me in the past 2 weeks, you’ve probably heard me reference him at some point. Some of my favorites include How to Create More Mental Focus, How to Become a Morning Person and So You’re Overcommitted. Now What?. Great great stuff (and you can read-the entire transcription of his podcasts are on the blog if you prefer).
- I was re-introduced over the weekend to Lift–an amazing app and website that helps count habit streaks. I’ve added about 20 items from my #SuperSummer list-things I want to do daily & weekly. There have been several new features added since I initially started my account a year ago including reminders! This is going to making moving beyond #SuperSummer into real life come September 1 a possibility.
- We have some big changes coming our way that I’ll be able to talk about more freely in the next week (and no, I’m not pregnant.). I’ve been so reminded of surrendering our plans and desires so that God can work out his plan in our life. I have some surrendering to do. Crazy season we are already in the midst of–summer class for the beau, more healthy choices for us (AKA: more meal prep and achy limbs from body weight workouts-OUCH!), lots of leadership changes at my job, a very fast summer and then a huge personal change that is going to affect all of these things. Two things that have really given me solace: This post by my dear friend Vivian who is also going through her own season of surrender and this verse:
“Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, you can’t be my disciple. (Luke 14:33 MSG)
- There are some books that you want to devour, some that are too intense to devour and some that as much as you want to devour them, you know that the longer you read the more of your life that this book can encompass. This is what Bread and Wine has been for me. I am just loving Shawna’s writing, just as I did with Bittersweet (another one I savored). I put the book down and walked into the kitchen and made the blueberry crisp last night with a few tweaks. It was delicious alongside some coconut milk ice cream…YUM! (Update! See Shawna make her own Blueberry Crisp here thanks to (in)courage!)