- Physical–Got a little off schedule on our runs, but at the same time, I don’t want to get so consumed by running that I can’t still manage things in our life that are also important. We were traveling, plus I came down with a cold, so there were a few runs that didn’t happen, but I still got out there yesterday and ran 6 and will run 8 tomorrow. My knees really bothered me after those 6 miles, but it was also raining, so I coated them with IcyHot last night and they feel a million times better today. One SUPER exciting thing was our annual Health Risk Assessment at work this week. I was a little nervous about going because it had been a while since I’d had these levels checked and although I KNOW that Paleo works for us and I’ve seen results in the way my clothes are fitting and on the scale, I was anxious to see if my numbers were going to say the same–boy did they ever! I could not have been more pleased!
- Spiritual–God has really been reminding me the importance of prayer and what a difference that makes in our lives. From my prayer runs (which still seem all over the place) to getting a copy of The Circle Maker last week when it was on sale for Kindle, I’m very aware of my prayer life right now.
- Creative–I haven’t done much crafting lately, but have a lot of things on tap that I want to do, thanks to Pinterest! Perhaps I’ll carve some time out on Sunday Sabbath to do so!
- Home--Definitely moving forward on a lot of projects! We acquired some new furniture pieces while helping Mom clear out her apartment so our bedroom is much more bedroom functional with another dresser and actual bedside tables rather than the TV trays that had been flanking our bed for the past 2.5 years of our marriage. 🙂 We also have moved some pieces around downstairs and are liking how that’s all turning out. My goal is still to have the Nook “finished” by the end of February. We have a few things at Ikea and the Container store to pick up so those might not quite be in by then, but it WILL be done by then.
- Personal–It’s really been a great week! I entered a muffin contest yesterday and won with my Paleo Pumpkin Dark Chocolate muffins (blog post forthcoming soon!). Work has been good, a little crazy, but good. I’m so glad that I cleared my schedule to get some rest this week as I had a bit of a cold (more on this below).
Mom Update: Things are going well–I was able to conference call in to a care plan meeting with the folks there last week and I think we are well on our way to getting Mom better! We had a really productive weekend there and she is well on the way to being out of her apartment by the end of the month. She had some good time with her sister Donna on Valentine’s Day.
Yummy Recipes! I’ve had some good things on tap recently AND have actually taken photos, but alas, haven’t downloaded them to the computer just yet. 😦 BUT! I do have a few from past weeks to share and one from our Valentine’s Day dinner!
“Pinteresting” Things: New category here. I’m loving Pinterest and thought for those of you who might not be on there, I’d share a few of my favorite pins from the week. If you’re on pinterest, feel free to follow my boards!
Last weekend in Virginia, I walked away with a canister of buttons I knew I’d be able to use for a crafting project only to find this one a few days later!
I have a TON of t-shirts that just need to go–they don’t fit right or I just don’t like the cut, but I really don’t want to really get rid of them–looking forward to a crafting day to try this!
We use coconut oil a lot to cook with and I’ve heard it has a ton of uses, but MY, oh MY! Super excited to try many of these!
Although I took last week off to “recoup”, I’m hoping something like this will really keep me on track, blog-wise. I’m probably just going to print out the pages and keep them in my Home Management notebook as to not have one more planner in my life. 🙂
Things I’m learning: Once again, rest is so important. I said “no” to things that were just going to “clutter” my week, one thing being this blog. As much as I love writing and the sense of creativity this little space allows me, I knew that I needed rest, especially after coming down with a cold. Although the blog and other things I said no to are all great, sometimes we have to allow ourselves the freedom to just say no.
Interesting quote/Scripture: “My Presence will go with you and I will give you rest” Exodus 33:14 This has been my “theme verse” for this week and it has been so nice to remember that God’s presence is with me and giving me rest.// “He renews my soul.” Psalm 23:3–not sure if I had heard that version (God’s word translation) of that specific verse–love the visual and feeling of my soul being renewed.
Hope you’ve had a great week! Happy Weekend!