- Physical–Running has been good! 7 miles on Sunday was SOOOO empowering, but tiring. :). I’ve been dealing with some major blisters on my feet I’m adjusting to, but overall, it’s been a really good week. Our Governor Declared March 31st the State’s Day of Running, so I challenge all you Kentuckians out there to RUN on that day! (Run the Bluegrass 1/2 Marathon and 5K Deadline next Deadline is Jan 31!) Food wise, we are still totally on board and loving our Paleo eating plan and are looking forward to a few new “treat” recipes we’ve found (on occasion) once our Whole 30 is over .
- Spiritual–Trying to figure out a new “routine” for my quiet times in the morning now that running has to fit in there too. I’m enjoying praying on my runs, but I can’t journal while moving! Absolutely love the Accountability as always–its is so good for my soul and so good to know someone is going to call you to the carpet on things you’ve committed to doing.
- Creative–I’ve been blogging and hope to spend some time tomorrow working on the Nook. Haven’t had much time to craft, but I have a few projects I’d like to finish on Sunday during our Sabbath time.
- Home- So thankful that this past weekend we got 2 BIG projects completed that have been gnawing at both of us for some time. We completely cleaned out our panty–got rid of ALL non-paleo items (we had a few still lingering around), swept, reorganized and man, oh, man, it has made such a difference. We also organized (most) of our DVD collection (it’s pretty extensive) into this DVD container. We bought it months ago. Can we say–procrastinate much?
- Personal–Still baby-steps, but I’m working on drinking less coffee and more water, being disconnected in the evenings (still a struggle for me–MUST leave the phone by the door or upstairs), and working on accomplishing my three things. One of mine this week was to come up with a cleaning plan/schedule. I’ve seen several fun ones on Pinterest–anyone have their own recommendations to share?
Mom Update: Been a challenging week with a few set-backs, but we’re excited that she will be moving to the new facility in Virginia today. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. She’s battling some infection and other issues and we need the infection to go away before anything else can be done.
Yummy Recipes! [Photo Phail–I took pics, but forgot to upload! I’ll do that soon, I promise!] Made some old standards, but started off the week with Paleo Fried Chicken and it was goooood! My first attempt at fried chicken. It made plenty, so Lewie was grateful to have some leftovers! I have a little grease burn, but it was worth it!
We finished the week with some old standards that are also super yummy! Salmon Cakes, Cabbage Noodles with Sausage and Apples and tonight, Sweet Potato Hash! YUM!
Things I’m learning: I need my Sabbath time. We worked really hard around the house on Saturday doing things that had been on our list for weeks and it feels so good to have them accomplished, but we didn’t allow time for our 7 mile run which meant it happened on Sunday. The temperatures were much warmer then, so it wasn’t so bad, but that meant I had a completely packed day. Just as I’m a cranky pants if I don’t get my quiet time, I’m cranky and just feel “off” all week with out that Sabbath time. Definitely making that a priority this week! I did have some encouragement to just have some Sabbath “moments” so I did that on Wednesday.
Interesting quote/Scripture: “Rather, beauty is something internal that can’t be destroyed. Beauty expresses itself in a gentle and quiet attitude which God considers precious.” 1 Peter 3:4 –Really something I’ve been pondering lately. After reading this scripture, I then found a beautiful wallpaper on CrossCards for this verse. Love it when God does things like that!. Also, this quote from Run the Bluegrass’ twitter has been a major source of inspiration: Dead Last Finish > Did Not Finish > Did Not Start
Hope you’ve had a great week! Happy Weekend!