It’s Friday. This week has speed by like no other!
A quick recap:
- Last weekend we went to the Poppy Mountain Bluegrass Festival. It was my first time at the festival, and boy, what a treat! We were accompanied by Lew’s friend Parker, Parker’s mom and Lewie’s dad. We saw some great bands–Hillbilly Gipsies were playing when we arrived and they were good. My favorite was Mike Snider–lots of instrumental bluegrass with 2 (and a few times 3) fiddles. Of course, Dr. Ralph Stanley is always a treat to see…just something good about down-home music, sitting outside ushering in the fall season with people you love (not to mention great people-watching). I’m already looking forward to going next year for the 20th Annual festival!
- Several interesting Paleo articles this week–this one about Paleo or Whole30 from a Christian perspective and this very interesting one from Robb Wolfe about Paleo being expensive…both super interesting and timely!
- Check out this video–our friends are raising money for the Lukemia and Lymphoma walk in a few week and just recently got “called out” on one of our local TV stations from a challenging group. To read more about Justin’s story and help our friends reach their goal and “win” the challenge, click here.
- I’ve been much more creative in the kitchen which has been a delight. Stay tuned for a Foodie Friday later today!
- It’s Homecoming week at Georgetown, so it’s been a busy, busy, yet exciting week! GO TIGERS!
Hope you have had a wonderful week also! Enjoy the weekend!