I wish there was some little tiny way I could take credit for this absolutely amazing, deliciously divine, (I’ll stop) dish. But, there is no way that is possible. I owe this little baby some MAJOR credit to the Highness of all online recipe hunters go when they know that whatever they might find, it. will. be good.
I give you, your Highness, Pioneer Woman.
I’m not sure if it’s the southern drawl that comes through or the red hair, but I am in love folks. I cannot contain my excitement at times when a new post comes through. Man, oh Man. This recipe though was one of those absolutely mouth watering ones that I cannot wait to make again (and probably will since it’s super in season and I have all these veggies at home).
I know I mentioned corn in my post earlier today. Did I mention I have 10 ears now at home? I’m not complaining.
It will not be hard to get these ingredients together folks, and even if you aren’t a fan of the crustaceans you could easily serve it as a side dish with your favorite grilled chicken or burger.
What is it with the crustaceans recently? Sorry for you non shrimp eating folks–just realized I had back-to-back shrimp posts.
Let me linger no longer. Again….be warned, you will want seconds.
From the Highness herself (with my alterations of course):
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced–I used 2 and it was plenty
- 12 whole Jumbo Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, Tails Left On–I used about 20 medium shrimp…go crazy though.
- 2 whole Zucchini, Sliced On A Slight Diagonal
- 2 ears Corn, Kernels Sliced Off
- ½ cups Grape Tomatoes, Sliced In Half Lengthwise–No grape/cherries in the house last week, so I just used the big ole regular tomato sitting on my counter (okay–it’s not regular since it’s from the farm!)
- Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste
- Chopped Fresh Herbs, If Desired–Didn’t use this last week, but I’ll definitely be using the fresh basil I got at the market this morning when I make it again this week. Oh yeah. I’m not scared.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic. When oil/butter is hot, add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Do not clean skillet.
Add the rest of the butter and oil and heat over medium heat. Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, tossing once. Scoot the zucchini to the edges of the pan, then add corn kernels to the middle of the pan. Cook for one minute. Add grape tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and toss around.
Then add those lovely little amazing shrimp. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Serve on a big platter.
Hint: Much better after it’s been allowed to cool for a bit! Yummy and refreshing.
For the entire photo-by-photo post, visit my favorite red-headed blogger (other than me , of course!)-REE!
You will love this! I promise!